Good Functions and Bad Functions, Moving Averages and Coboundaries
- Date: Thursday 16 May 2019, 15:00 – 16:00
- Location: Baines Wing SR (G.37)
- Type: Analysis and Applications, Seminars, Pure Mathematics
- Cost: Free
Professor Joseph Rosenblatt, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Part of the Analysis and Applications Seminar Series.
We study the local behavior of the convergence of classes C of stochastic processes that employ a measure-preserving transformation τ and are defined on spaces of measurable functions f. Local behavior means considering these questions:
- Given τ, for which f is there a.e. boundedness or even a.e. convergence for a stochastic process in C?
- Given f, for which τ is there is a.e. boundedness or even a.e. convergence for a stochastic process in C?