- Value: Funding covers the cost of fees and provides a maintenance grant matching the Research Council UK rate (£14,777 for 2018/19). Standard funding duration is 3 years, but the school may provide a further 6 months funding dependent upon satisfactory progress.
- Number of awards: There are 3 awards available across the Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences (2 UK/EU, 1 International)
- Deadline: 11 January 2019
The School of Mathematics is accepting applications for the Leeds Doctoral Scholarships. These studentships are awarded on a competitive basis to the very best candidates in an open competition across the Faculty of Mathematics and Physical Sciences.
To be considered for this award, you must first apply for a research degree:
- Choose an existing project: browse through our competition funded projects to find a project matched to your research interest.
- Start your own project: if you’d like to start your own research project, the first thing you’ll need to do is find a supervisor to discuss your idea. Your potential supervisor must be an expert in the topic you’re interested in to ensure that your research is accurate and adding to current knowledge. When you contact a potential supervisor, be prepared to discuss your area of research, proposed topic and research interests.
Thinking of joining us?
We're one of the largest mathematics research departments in the UK, conducting impactful research across applied mathematics, financial mathematics, pure mathematics, and statistics. We have an established reputation for delivering high quality research, we were ranked in the top 10 in the UK for Mathematics for the quality of our research In the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Applicants must have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent at undergraduate level in a relevant subject.
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, you must submit two separate applications forms:
Stage 1 research degree application: First of all you, you must apply for a research degree online through the university's website. You will receive an acknowledgement email which will include your Student ID Number within 24 hours of submitting your application.
Stage 2 funding application (once you are in receipt of a Student ID Number): To be considered for a Leeds Doctoral Scholarships, you must apply online.
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our Postgraduate Research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
If you require any further information please contact the Graduate School Office, e: firstname.lastname@example.org.