Dr Amit Hazi
- Position: Research Assistant in Algebra
- Areas of expertise: representation theory; tilting modules for quasi-hereditary algebras; algebraic groups; Soergel bimodules; diagram algebras
- Email: A.Hazi@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1619
- Location: 9.29 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal home page
My research concerns connections between algebraic Lie theory and algebras arising from statistical mechanics, including diagram algebras like the Temperley–Lieb algebra and the (symplectic) blog algebra. I am particularly interested in the representation theory of such algebras in arbitrary characteristic, the linkage principle for such algebras, translation functors, and Ringel duality.
- European Mathematical Society
Research groups and institutes
- Pure mathematics
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.