Dr Satoshi Sasaki
- Position: Lecturer (Academic)
- Areas of expertise: condensed matter physics; spintronics; topological insulator; topological superconductor; dirac fermion; majorana fermion
- Email: S.Sasaki@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3578
- Location: 8.305 Physics Research Deck
- CM group seminar organiser
Topological Insulators: Realization of quantum spin Hall state; Creation, control, and detection of the spin-momentum locked surface state for spintronics with devices fabricated by lithography.
Topological Superconductors and Andreev bound states consisting of Majorana Fermions: Search for candidate materials with soft point-contact spectroscopy technique; Tunneling spectroscopy with tunnel junction devices, Josephson junction devices and SQUID fabricated by lithography; Specific heat measurements and magnetization measurements.
Helium at ultralow temperatures: Superfluid and quantum solid helium 3 with an adiabatic-demagnetization dilution fridge; Supersolidity of quantum solid helium 4 with an optical dilution fridge; NMR measurements and ultrasound measurements at ultralow temperatures.
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.
Projects currently available:
- Proximity-induced superconductivity on topological insulator thin films
- Ultra-thin topological insulator spin-current transistor