Professor Eric Dickinson
- Position: Visiting Researcher
- Areas of expertise: food colloids; emulsions/gels/foams; stability and rheology; adsorbed protein layers; hydrocolloid functionality; stabilization by particles; protein-polysaccharide interactions; computer simulation.
- Email: E.Dickinson@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2956
Eric was educated in chemistry at the University of Sheffield (B.Sc., Ph.D.). After postdoctoral posts in California, Leeds and Oxford, he joined the then Procter Department of Food Science at the University of Leeds in 1977, taking up the following academic positions:
1977–1988 Lecturer in Food Science
1988–1992 Reader in Food Colloids
1992–2008 Professor of Food Colloids
Eric formally retired from his Personal Chair in 2008, and enthusiastically continues his research activities through occasional published articles and as Associate Editor of the journal Food Hydrocolloids.
Eric is the author/editor of several books and well over 400 peer reviewed journal articles.
He is a Thomson Reuters ISI Highly Cited author (top 1% globally) in Agricultural Sciences (h-index 70, Web of Science).
His publication record can be accessed at ResearcherID.com or Web of Science using the unique ResearcherID identifier F-6176-2011.
Research groups and institutes
- Food Colloids and Processing
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.