Dr Joanne Maycock
- Position: Lecturer in Food Biochemistry
- Areas of expertise: Bioactive peptides
- Email: J.Maycock@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 2965
I am interested in the role of bioactive peptides from food and their effects on health. Bioactive peptides have been shown to have beneficial roles in diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular health and cancer. Their effects can be investigated by means of tissue culture to determine alterations in cell signalling pathways, via physiological measures indicative of health or analysing their antioxidant capacities.
I am also interested in the role of bioactive peptides and health on mineralised tissues.
Prospective PhD students are encouraged to contact me for information about potential projects.
Research groups and institutes
- Food Chemistry and Biochemistry