Dr Charlotte Evans
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: nutrition; epidemiology; children; cardiovascular disease; public health; dietary quality; systematic literature review.
- Email: C.E.L.Evans@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3956
- Location: 1.17 Stead House
My research interests are focused on the evaluation of interventions and policies to improve nutritional behaviour, behavioural nutrition in children and young people, and factors affecting diet quality and health outcomes.
- Undergraduate admissions tutor
Evaluation of interventions to improve nutritional behaviour
Evaluation of nutrition policies to improve nutritional behaviour
Behavioural nutrition in children and young people
Factors affecting dietary quality such as portion size, energy density and diet diversity
Impact of fruit and vegetables on health outcomes
Children's school meals and packed lunches
The relationship between dietary patterns and markers of heart disease
Epidemiological methods - randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews
- PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology
- Association for Nutrition
- Nutrition Society
- Society for Social Medicine
I contribute to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in nutritional epidemiology, public health nutrition and nutrition policy.
Research groups and institutes
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Obesity, Cancer and Metabolic Disease
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.
Projects currently available: