Dr Christine Bosch
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: diet and health; secondary plant metabolites; flavonoids; oxidative stress and inflammation; molecular nutrition; functional food; gene-nutrient interactions; trace element metabolism
- Email: C.Bosch@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0268
- Location: 2.31 Chemistry
- Website: Publications
- Postgraduate Research Tutor
I have a strong interest in nutrition related research with focus on health promoting effects of dietary antioxidants and their mechanism of action.
- The potential of different flavonoids to alter cell signalling pathways and gene expression in the context of oxidative stress and inflammation
- Impact of plant secondary metabolites in the prevention and/or intervention of oxidative stress and inflammation related diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Contribution of metabolism, genetic variation and epigenetic factors to gene regulation
- Interactions of trace elements with redox regulated pathways
- Implementation of molecular methods in nutrition research
Research groups and institutes
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Obesity, Cancer and Metabolic Disease
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention
- Food Safety, Security and Sustainability
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.