Dr Christine Bosch
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: diet and health; secondary plant metabolites; flavonoids; oxidative stress and inflammation; molecular nutrition; functional food; gene-nutrient interactions; trace element metabolism
- Email: C.Bosch@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0268
- Location: 2.31 Chemistry
- Website: Publications
- Postgraduate Research Tutor
I have a strong interest in nutrition related research with focus on health promoting effects of dietary antioxidants and their mechanism of action.
- The potential of different flavonoids to alter cell signalling pathways and gene expression in the context of oxidative stress and inflammation
- Impact of plant secondary metabolites in the prevention and/or intervention of oxidative stress and inflammation related diseases such as obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Contribution of metabolism, genetic variation and epigenetic factors to gene regulation
- Interactions of trace elements with redox regulated pathways
- Implementation of molecular methods in nutrition research
Research groups and institutes
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Obesity, Cancer and Metabolic Disease
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention
- Food Safety, Security and Sustainability
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//physicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.