Dr Hannah Ensaff
- Position: Lecturer in Nutrition
- Areas of expertise: Public health nutrition; Food choice; Nutrition interventions; Choice Architecture; Children and adolescents; Food preferences in older age; Mixed methods
- Email: H.Ensaff@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3418
I joined the School of Food Science and Nutrition in September 2016 as a Lecturer in Nutrition, having previously worked at the University of Manchester, Leeds Beckett University and the University of Sheffield. My primary areas of research are public health nutrition, food choice and dietary interventions.
My research encompasses quantitative and qualitative methodologies to assess populations' diets (analysis of food choice datasets to examine dietary patterns, qualitative data analysis to develop models of food choice) and the development and evaluation of nutrition interventions (specifically around food choice architecture and nudging). My research focusses on children and adolescents and I am also interested in changing food preferences in older adults.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- MEng PhD MMedSci
- Nutrition Society
- Association for Nutrition
- American Society for Nutrition
Research groups and institutes
- Nutrition and Public Health
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention
- Food Safety, Security and Sustainability
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//physicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.