Dr Mark Hopkins
- Undergraduate Admissions Tutor
Mark is a lecturer in nutritional physiology in the School of Food Science and Nutrition. His research focuses primarily on the interaction between diet, physical activity and appetite regulation, and the biological and behavioural responses that mediate susceptibility or resistance to weight loss. In particular, he is interested in:
- The physiological and behavioural responses to dietary and exercise-induced weight loss.
- The role of body composition and energy expenditure as drivers of appetite and food intake.
- The interaction between physical activity and appetite regulation.
- Individual variability in treatment response to weight loss.
- PhD- University of Leeds
- PGCLTHE- University of Leeds
- MSc- Leeds Beckett University
- BSc- Leeds Beckett University
- The Association for the Study of Obesity
- The British Association of Sport & Exercise Science
Research groups and institutes
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Obesity, Cancer and Metabolic Disease
- Human Nutrition and Lifestyle Intervention
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.
Projects currently available: