Dr Bao Nguyen
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: physical organic chemistry; mechanisms of catalytic reactions; novel spectroscopic and analytical techniques; carbon dioxide as synthons in synthesis; statistical approaches to chemical predictions.
- Email: B.Nguyen@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0109
- Location: G17 Chemistry
- Website: Group webpage | Googlescholar | ORCID
My group is interested in understanding mechanism of catalytic processes and improving them, and in development of novel technologies in chemical research (e.g. new types of reactors or nanoparticle catalysts). The research is highly collaborative, in both academia and industry, and focuses on the interdisciplinary interface between Physical/Organic/Process Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. The current research themes in the group are:
- CO2 utilisation as chemical feedstock.
- Mechanistic studies and improvement of metal catalysed coupling reactions.
- Statistical approaches to chemical predictions.
- Water as a viable reaction medium for organic syntheses.
- Electrochemical flow-reactors for precious metal recovery and catalytic reactions.
- Synchrotron-based characterisation techniques as mechanistic tools for High Value Chemical Manufacturing processes.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, University of Oxford (2008)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced stream), Honours, University of Sydney (2002)
- Royal Society of Chemistry
Research groups and institutes
- Process Research and Development