Dr Joao Faria Martins
- Position: Lecturer in Algebra
- Areas of expertise: higher Lie and gauge theory; higher dimensional category theory; Hopf algebras; quantum invariants of knots and manifolds; topological quantum computing; modelling topological phases of matter.
- Email: J.FariaMartins@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4433
- Location: 9.22 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal homepage | MathSciNet | Googlescholar
- algebraic and geometric topology in dimensions 3 and 4;
- algebraic models for homotopy types;
- higher dimensional category theory;
- homotopical algebra;
- Hopf algebras and quantum (q-deformed) Lie groups;
- differential geometry (higher Lie and gauge theory);
- mathematical aspects of Chern-Simons theory, BF-theory and generalisations;
- applications to condensed matter physics and quantum computing.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- PhD University of Nottingham
Research groups and institutes
- Pure Mathematics
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//physicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.