Dr Joao Faria Martins
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: higher Lie and gauge theory; higher dimensional category theory; Hopf algebras; quantum invariants of knots and manifolds; topological quantum computing; modelling topological phases of matter.
- Email: J.FariaMartins@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4433
- Location: 9.22 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal home page | MathSciNet | Googlescholar
- algebraic and geometric topology in dimensions 3 and 4;
- algebraic models for homotopy types;
- higher dimensional category theory;
- homotopical algebra;
- Hopf algebras and quantum (q-deformed) Lie groups;
- differential geometry (higher Lie and gauge theory);
- mathematical aspects of Chern-Simons theory, BF-theory and generalisations;
- applications to condensed matter physics and quantum computing.
- PhD University of Nottingham. 2004.
Research groups and institutes
- Pure Mathematics
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//physicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.