Dr Joao Faria Martins
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: higher lie and gauge theory; hopf algebras; quantum invariants; topological quantum computing; topological phases of matter.; higher categories.
- Email: J.FariaMartins@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4433
- Location: 9.22 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal home page | MathSciNet | Googlescholar
- algebraic and geometric topology in dimensions 3 and 4;
- algebraic models for homotopy types;
- higher dimensional category theory;
- homotopical algebra;
- Hopf algebras and quantum (q-deformed) Lie groups;
- differential geometry (higher Lie and gauge theory);
- mathematical aspects of Chern-Simons theory, BF-theory and generalisations;
- applications to condensed matter physics and quantum computing.
Research groups and institutes
- Pure mathematics
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.