Dr Benjamin Johnson
- Position: Experimental Officer
- Email: B.R.G.Johnson@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7127
- Location: 8.50b E.C. Stoner
I am an Experimental Offier in the Molecular and Nanoscale Physics group of the School of Physics. I manage most of the MNP labs and ensure that all users have inductions into the labs as well as specific training to use individual pieces of equipment.
I look after and arrange maintenance on most of the lab equipment, but where necessary I do some tasks myself, where long waits for engineers would cause long delays to our work.
A high percentage of our equipment, whilst being high tech and top of the range, need modifications to do what we actually need, so I often design and upgrade them to meet our requirements. This invloves a good knowledge of mechanical proceses, design and production procedures as well as production methods including cnc machining (with colleagues in our mechanical workshops) or 3d printing which I do myself.
- Management of MNP labs including procurement of new instruments
- Group Health and Safety Coordinator
- School Laser Safety Officer and Chemical Hazard Coordinator
- BSc (hons) Biochemistry with Medical Biochemistry
- MSc Analytical Chemistry
- PhD Biomimetic Scaffolds for Phospholipid Bilayers