Dr Richard Mann
- Position: University Academic Fellow in Data Analytics
- Areas of expertise: collective behaviour; collective intelligence; bayesian inference; choice models; social interactions; movement ecology; behavioural ecology; evolution
- Email: R.P.Mann@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 8988
- Location: 11.09 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal home page | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
I am interested in human and animal behaviour. My research focuses on how agents learn from the world around them, make decisions and take actions to achieve their goals. In particular, I am interested in collective behaviour, where agents influence each other, and the emergent effects that make the group different to the individual.
I also have a strong interest in a variety of statistical biases inherent in data analysis across many fields, with a particular focus on behavioural ecology, evolutionary biology and palaeontology.
- DPhil (Oxford)
- MPhys (Oxford)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Alan Turing Fellow
I lecture on the Data Science and Analytics MSc programme and supervise projects at level 3 and level 5 in areas of statistics, data analytics and applied mathematics.
Research groups and institutes
- Applied Nonlinear Dynamics