Dr Marisol Warthon-Medina
Dr Marisol Warthon-Medina is a Research Fellow in Nutritional Epidemiology working as project manager for the Dietary Assessment Tool Network (DIET@NET) project funded by the Medical Research Council to improve and innovate in dietary assessment technology. The outcome of the DIET@NET project is the Nutritools website (www.nutritools.org).
Between 2014 and 2016 she worked as project coordinator for Zinc-Net, a project funded by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology), set up to build a multidisciplinary platform of all professionals interested in the zinc micronutrient. Additionally between 2014 and 2015 she performed postdoctoral roles, searching for research funding for research projects, and lecturing.
She completed her PhD in Nutritional Sciences at the University of Central Lancashire (UK), which included performing a study evaluating the impact of micronutrient supplementation during infancy on cognitive and social development in Peruvian pre-school children of lower socio-economical status with reference to zinc and cognition.
She was previously involved in the EURRECA program (EURopean micronutrient RECommendations Aligned). This program was set up to develop a framework of advice on micronutrients to better inform policy-makers as they formulate precise recommendations in Europe.
- Public Health Nutrition
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Micronutrient research in developing countries
- Diet and cognition in children and adults
- PhD in Nutritional Sciences, University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN), UK.
- MSc Human Nutrition & Public Health with Sports, London Metropolitan University, UK
- BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition, London Metropolitan University, UK
- BSc (Hons) Veterinary Medicine, Peru.
- Member of the Association for Nutrition (AfN)
- AfN accredited Registered Nutritionist RNutr (Public Health)
- Member of the Nutrition Society
- Member of the Society for Social Medicine
- Member of the Veterinarians Society (Peru)
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.