Dr Cédric Beaume
- Position: Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
- Areas of expertise: dynamical systems; nonlinear dynamics; instabilities; fluid dynamics; transition to turbulence; pattern formation.
- Email: C.M.L.Beaume@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9916
- Location: 11.07 School of Mathematics
- Website: Personal home page | LinkedIn | ORCID
I am a Lecturer in Applied Mathematics at the University of Leeds. I completed my PhD in Fluid Dynamics from the University of Toulouse in 2012. I held a Geophysical Fluid Dynamics fellowship from the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in 2012 and research positions in Physics at UC Berkeley (2012--2014) and in Computational Fluid Dynamics at Imperial College London (2014--2015) before joining Leeds.
- Applied Mathematics Seminar organiser
My work is mainly theoretical/numerical. I study dynamical systems, often with application to fluid dynamics. I am in particular interested in pattern formation in convection problems and shear flows.
Module leader for MATH3620: Fluid Dynamics 2
Research groups and institutes
- Applied Mathematics
- Astrophysical and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics