Dr Alison Parker
- Position: Associate Professor
- Areas of expertise: diagram algebras; Schur algebras; cohomology; representation theory; algebraic groups
- Email: A.E.Parker@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5126
- MSc in Mathematics and Computer Science Programme Manager
The main area I am interested in is the modular representation theory of algebraic groups. This has connections with representation theory for the symmetric groups. In particular I am looking at homological properties of Schur algebras (S(n,r)) and quasi-hereditary algebras. I also study diagram algebras of which the Temperley-Lieb algebra and the Brauer algebra are important examples. The Temperley-Lieb algebra and its many variants form a very interesting area of representation theory partly because of its intuitive diagram representation but also as it has many important links to physics, and in particular to statistical mechanics.
- London Mathematical Society
- Australian Matematical Society
Research groups and institutes
- Pure mathematics
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.