Professor Onno Bokhove
Current PhD Students Leeds
- Luca Cantarello (NERC Case with Met Office)
- Will Booker (CDT Fluid Dynamics Leeds)
- Erily Moulopoulou (NERC Case)
- Floriane Gidel (EU Early Stage Researcher, SurfsUp project, Marie Curie Fellowship)
- Tomasz Salwa (EU Early Stage Researcher, SurfsUp project, Marie Curie Fellowship)
Past Leeds PhD students
- Tom Kent 2014-2016 (EPSRC Case Met Office)
- Impact Coordinator
- Co-director DTC Fluid Dynamics Leeds
My particular interest is in the applied mathematics of Geophysical Fluid Dynamics: design and testing of laboratory configurations for validation of mathematical models, computational techniques for PDEs (discontinuous Galerkin FEM), Hamiltonian fluid dynamics, idealised models for weather prediction, and hydraulic solutions of hyperbolic systems.
Any research projects I'm currently working on will be listed below. Our list of all research projects allows you to view and search the full list of projects in the faculty.
- Teaching (Advanced) Geophysical Fluid Dynamics with Dr. Sam Pegler: MATH3458/MATH5458
- Teaching Numerics in Foundations of Fluid Dynamics: MATH5453
- Supervise MATH3001 projects: Mortage App Leaning Tool (MATL 2016/2017); making a learning app on taxation (2017/2018)
- Supervise MMATH project: Wetropolis & Making a splash with Solitons (2016/2017), Shocking Granular Flows (2017/2018)
- Supervise Year in Industry placements (2016/2017, 2017/2018)
Research groups and institutes
- Applied Mathematics
- Astrophysical and Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
Current postgraduate research students
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our <a href="//physicalsciences.leeds.ac.uk/research-opportunities">research opportunities</a> allow you to search for projects and scholarships.