Professor Tom Ward
- Position: Deputy Vice-Chancellor Student Edu
- Areas of expertise: ergodic theory; entropy; number theory; diophantine approximation; recurrence relations; zeta functions.
- Email: T.B.Ward@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 5000
- Location: 13.01 Marjorie and Arnold Ziff Building
- Website: Past and present book projects | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
My research area is ergodic theory and dynamical systems, with a particular emphasis on dynamical systems of algebraic origin and interactions with number theory. A particular interest is how relatively simple questions in dynamical systems can involve subtle problems in number theory.
- London Mathematical Society
- American Mathematical Society
- European Mathematical Society
- Fellow of the IMA
- Principal Fellow of the HEA
Research groups and institutes
- Pure mathematics
Postgraduate research opportunities
We welcome enquiries from motivated and qualified applicants from all around the world who are interested in PhD study. Our research opportunities allow you to search for projects and scholarships.